The art and musings of Illinois artist C.C. Godar. Paintings, photos & ponderings...

Monday, March 12, 2012

Spring Forward


The first day of spring was once the time 
for taking the young virgins into the fields, 
there in dalliance to set an example in fertility for nature to follow. 
Now we just set the clocks an hour ahead 
and change the oil in the crankcase. 
 ~E.B. White, "Hot Weather," One Man's Meat, 1944

No, it's not spring yet, but did you remember to set your clocks ahead an hour this weekend? It's another windy day in central Illinois, with these fluffy clouds scampering across the blue sky and sunshine to bring a smile. Today the brisk prairie wind ripped my fishing cap off my head in the grocery store's parking lot and had me scampering to chase it down. I'm sure I was quite a sight with my long hair about to blow off my head and my shopping cart carrying on its merry way without me!

No comments:

Post a Comment