The art and musings of Illinois artist C.C. Godar. Paintings, photos & ponderings...

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

New Painting - Sunset Series

"Sunset #1" acrylic 7"x14"
I've begun a new series of sunset paintings.  I love the endless variations of sunsets, but photographing them can be tricky.  Getting the right exposure from the camera is usually disappointing.  The photo rarely comes out as dazzling as the actual scene was. The painter is able to enrich the colors to a closer approximation of what was observed in nature.

This small painting is based on a sunset seen from my backyard. I've decided to make these small studies: 7"x14".  I love to paint large, but find the pricing larger paintings is usually beyond the budget of many potential collectors.  I'm planning a series of six different sunsets of this size, which will encompass a wide range of landscape settings.

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Will they be at The Eclectic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one will be...and maybe another, if I get it done in time.

    ReplyDelete