The art and musings of Illinois artist C.C. Godar. Paintings, photos & ponderings...

Friday, March 16, 2012

A Long Day Ahead

          This is going to be a long day for me. I go into the hospital this evening for a sleep study. I think I might have fibromyalgia, but this is a preliminary test to rule out sleep apnea. Whatever I have, I've had it for many, many years (just thinking it's the aches and pains of aging) and it has impacted my life severely. It's just getting worse, so I have to find out what's wrong and get my life back on track.
          I just wrote a lengthy essay on my condition, but failed to save it and lost it when I pressed the wrong button on the computer. I'm too weary to try to remember it and write it all again. This is how I am from relentless insomnia, all-over body pain, stiffness and chronic fatigue. I'm running on empty. I need to find out what's wrong, so I can get back to a half-way normal life.
          I don't see how they expect me to sleep in a hospital, when I can't even sleep in my own bed.  I guess I'm going to find out. The worse part is, I can't have any naps today, and even at 9:28 in the morning, that bed looks mighty inviting.

1 comment:

  1. Oh CC -- I hope they figure it out! I had a sleep study years ago & barely slept, but it was enough that they could ID my apnea/apopnea problems. I've used a C-Pap ever since and though I look like a space alien when I go to bed, it is a HUGE....HUGE (did I say HUGE?!) life-improvement device. It doesn't cure all ills, but getting a decent amount of sleep makes a HUGE difference. Good luck! and do NOT succumb to the napping lure of your bed today! You will not be comfortable with all the wires attached all over your body tonight, but hopefully you'll at least doze off some. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete