The art and musings of Illinois artist C.C. Godar. Paintings, photos & ponderings...

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Celebrate - Every Day!

I was just looking on the Internet at all the goofy and not-so-goofy things that people celebrate.  It seems like someone is celebrating something every day of the year.  And really --- that's how it should be!

Today is Something On a Stick Day.  Now when I think of something on a stick, I think of State Fair food, like corn dogs, alligator-on-a-stick and deep-fried Twinkie-on-a-stick.  Other foods that come to mind are popsicles and caramel apples.  Gee, I'd love to celebrate this day with good old shish-kabobs, but my husband will be working late and I don't know how to work the gas grill.

I've been wracking my brain trying to come up with something (anything!) on a stick so I could join the celebration. And then I remembered!  Out in the woods this winter, I'd found several lost items along the trails and hung them up on sticks.  So I traipsed out there with my camera, which is quite a hike now that the underbrush is leafed out, and I took pictures of those two things on a stick.  I even took pictures of the beautiful greening trails.

Got home and excitedly opened my camera to take out the card: NO CARD!!! Dammitall!  How many times has this happened to me?  I should remember to put the card back in the camera just as soon as I off-load my pix!

Well, I'm not going back out there. It's too hot and sticky and I've had my exercise for the day, thank you. If those items are still on their sticks next year on Something On a Stick Day, fine.  For this year, I have a photo from my files I can use:


LET'S CELEBRATE
MOTH ON A BROOMSTICK!

Here is a website to check out if you want to see some of the unusual things people are celebrating on a stick:

 http://somethingonastick.com/

I loved "Snowman on a Stick!" And don't miss "Tax Return on Fire on a Stick."

No comments:

Post a Comment