The art and musings of Illinois artist C.C. Godar. Paintings, photos & ponderings...

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Western Still Life

"Western Still Life" 16 x20 oil on canvas (SOLD)

I ran across a photo of this painting I did back when I was a member of the local Art League and we painted together every Wednesday. Usually we worked on our own projects, but one day we decided to do a still life as a group. I volunteered to bring in the objects --- not your ordinary bowl of fruit and flowers. I wonder what my husband thought of hauling that heavy wagon wheel to town. When we sold our last horse, the saddle went with her, but I still have the other items.

2 comments:

  1. NICE ONE CC! Are you currently working on any paintings??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Kathy, but I don't know if I'll have anything ready for the next gallery hop. I'll post a photo of my work in progress for ya. (see above)

    ReplyDelete