The art and musings of Illinois artist C.C. Godar. Paintings, photos & ponderings...

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Painting in Progress

"Galena Gate" acrylic on illustration board, 16x24 (painting in progress)

I started this painting a year ago and became so frustrated with it, I put it away. Now it's back out on the easel again and probably half-way done.  This is the hardest painting I've ever attempted. It started as watercolor on illustration board, but that wasn't working for me, so I switched to acrylic.  I really should go back to painting in oils, I guess, because the ones I like best have been oils.

2 comments:

  1. Looks very challenging! I'm glad you're working on it again. Can't wait to see the finished piece :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't hold your breath! LOL!

    ReplyDelete