The art and musings of Illinois artist C.C. Godar. Paintings, photos & ponderings...

Monday, July 2, 2012

Overabundance

We've never had a garden as beautiful as this year's.  And in the midst of a crippling drought, which shows that our dedication (watering it) has been faithful. I work every morning from 7-9 a.m. watering, mulching, pulling weeds. It has turned out to be good stretching exercise for my fibromyalgia.


Speaking of which: I'm doing better than I expected on my meds. Pain has decreased by at least half. I still have my bad days. I strive to eat right, including gluten-free when possible, and all these great vegetables. I also have a walking track that my husband mowed around the entire meadow, which includes the garden and the patch of rye (feed plot for deer) which I've been enjoying every morning. I'm happy to finally be feeling better...I thought I was a goner last winter!


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're feeling better and that the garden is producing so well! The veggies look delicious!!

    ReplyDelete