The art and musings of Illinois artist C.C. Godar. Paintings, photos & ponderings...

Thursday, September 6, 2012

2 New Paintings

"A Sandy Beach" South Superior Lakeshore (Wisconsin)  7"x14", acrylic
I visited this deserted beach in Wisconsin a few years ago, while I was on a self-directed artist retreat. The elderly gentleman who owned the resort where I stayed had been very helpful in recommending local sights for me to see. I couldn't wait to see this one.  It was supposed to have a trail to some look-out rocks. But when I got there, the parking lot signs said it was a 1.5 mile hike (3 miles, round-trip) and I didn't know if I was up to that. I might have gone ahead and tried it, but at the trailhead there was a sign that said "Bears Frequent This Area." No way! So I walked down to the beach instead. It was a blustery, cold, gray day, with the sun sometimes breaking through. The choppy waves washing up on shore were making a loud roar, and just being there in the solitude of nature was spellbinding.

"4 Bins" Morgan County, Illinois  7"x14", acrylic - SOLD
This is an Illinois farmscape from right here in Morgan County, although I couldn't say exactly where. Once in a while my husband and I take a ride in the country. He drives, and I man the camera, yelling at him to stop when I see something photo-worthy. Something caught my eye about these 4 bins in a row. This is how the corn and beans should look. The photo I painted from was taken last summer. This year we're in a prolonged drought,  and I'm having a hard time convincing myself that there's anything out there that's photo-worthy right now. I still can't stand to go into my ruined garden, after the storm we had the other night.  

NOTE ON THE PHOTOS ABOVE

I apologize for the poor quality of these two photos of my paintings, above. I was in a big hurry this morning and it was misty-rainy outside, so I couldn't photograph them in natural light. I had to grab a couple shots in the studio, under incandescent light.  So they're a bit warmer in color here than they are in real life, and not real sharp.  I hope to replace them with better ones soon, but I was in a hurry to get them to the gallery.  

2 comments:

  1. You've been busy! I'm hoping that means that you're feeling better and stronger. Are you going to have them up at The Eclectic?? I hope to see them in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Kat, I just saw your comment today, Sept 13. I didn't make it to the Hop, but my little paintings did. Hope you got to see them.

    ReplyDelete