The art and musings of Illinois artist C.C. Godar. Paintings, photos & ponderings...

Monday, June 4, 2012

A Tragedy of Nature

Yesterday evening my husband built a campfire to cook supper over. He had to get firewood in a wheelbarrow to feed his fire. We found this poor little brown snake in the bottom of the wheelbarrel, crushed during the loading of the firewood. It's very tiny, compared to the stove-size chucks of firewood.


Here's a photo for size comparison with the wood. I wish we had an outdoor wood stove. This is the kind of critter that can come into the house during the winter when we bring in firewood, along with spiders, ants and other creepy-crawlers.

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit that I get all "girlie" around snakes. They give me the willies, BUT I am very sorry that this little fellow met such an untimely demise.......

    ReplyDelete