The art and musings of Illinois artist C.C. Godar. Paintings, photos & ponderings...

Friday, November 25, 2011

Little Turtle Yummies

We had THANKSGIVING DINNER compliments of Marlene and Dale. THANKS, YOU GUYS! Tons of food, and all of it---oh so fine! Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, cranberry salad, sweet-tater casserole (with marshmallows on top, like Mom used to make),rolls, pies, pumpkin cupcakes.... mmm-mmmmmmm-MMMMMMM!!!!

I contributed the green bean casserole. I mean, what kind of holiday feast would it be without the green bean casserole? That's as traditional as Campbell's soup, right?

I also made some little treats I saw on the internet yesterday morning.  It was on somebody's blog, and it sounded so simple; so I added the ingredients to my shopping list, and I fixed them up in a little Christmas tin. Everybody loved them.  I knew they would.  I could hardly stay out of them myself. So rich and chewy! So simple to make!  I call them LITTLE TURTLE YUMMIES.

Grease a cookie sheet and preheat your oven to 300 degrees F. You start with a base of pretzel, and I think the only ones that'll work with this are the Snyder's of Hanover Butter Snaps, because they have the smallest openings. Put a Rollo chocolate on each pretzel (and this is my least favorite part, unwrapping those darn Rollos from their silly foil wrappers). Then place a whole nut on top of the candy. You can use walnuts, but for a true "Turtle" taste, I prefer pecans.

You heat these for only 5 minutes, then remove from the hot cookie sheet to a plate covered with wax paper. Now comes the fun part. Lightly press down on each nut so that the melted chocolate spreads and covers the pretzel. Cool in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.

(Actually, I love them to eat them while the chocolate is still warm and gooey!)   Enjoy!

 I LOVE THESE!
AND YOU WILL TOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment